RE: opening the mustek SE12000P: is says a4s2 all over!

From: Paulo Abreu (paulotex@geocities.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 04:34:42 PST

marcel pol said at ÒRE: opening the mustek SE12000P: is says a4s2 all
over!Ó.
[04/01/2000 23:09]
> What do the windows-drivers say about chips and chipsets.
> it could easily be that the chip that needs support is not inside the
> scanner,
> but in the interface cable. It does use an interface cable, doesn't it?

I really don't know how to find information about the chips on the windows
drivers. I've tried dissassembling the vxd file and some dll on the twain32
dir, but couldn't find info on that.

And I can't tell if the cable has a chip or not. It sure looks like a plain
parallel cable to me. I have a laplink cable that I've tried to use and
didn't work, but it really doesn't mean much: perhaps there's no chip in
the cable and it's simply a null parallel cable, or whatever it is called.

I'd sure like to find out the differences between my ASIC chip (0xA2) and
the ones supported by the musteka4s2 backend: the 0xA5 and 0xA8. Do you
have any links on this kind of chips?

Thanks for your help.

Paulo