Re: Microtek SlimScan C3

From: Warren Chartier (icebalm@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 11:28:14 PST

On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, Bernd Schroeder wrote:

> This seems ok to me. According to Microtek's web site this model works
> with 12 bit per color *internally*, but the output is only 8 bits per
> color. As such there is only one depth for color and grayscale mode and
> an option to select the color depth is not available.

Well then I guess its a shading problem then, scanning some colors gives
weird results, with two colors shown, one is darker then the original, and
one is lighter, with diagonal "stripes" of each alternating to give the
illusion of the original color. This doesn't happen in windows at all,
all scans there seem to be right on the money color wise.

Warren Chartier
Minister of the Mobile Mechanized Infantry - http://www.juga.com
Fight Spam - Join CAUSE! http://www.cause.org

---- BEGIN ECHELON BLOCK ----
SCUD missile Ortega AK-47 Uzi $400 million in gold bullion Rule Psix Nazi
militia Project Monarch counter-intelligence JFK cypherpunk Kibo Ron Brown
clones bomb special-ops terrorism WACO nuclear missile MI5
----- END ECHELON BLOCK -----