Re: Umax Astra 600S annoyance

Andreas (andreas.rick@free.fr)
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 09:31:58 +0100

Hi Gady

I've got a Umax Astra 1200s and a Tekram DC390.
There are two kernel drivers that work with the
Tekram DC390: AM53C974.o or tmscsim.o
The first one is somewhat old but worked for me
with the Umax scanner. The second is maintained
by Kurt Garloff but only the latest versions
(above 2.0d18) support the Umax scanner correctly.
I had problems very similar to yours with the older
drivers.
I now use tmscsim.o version 2.0d18 and it works fine.

Greetings

Andreas Rick