USB HP C5101A PhotoSmart S20 film scanner

A E Lawrence (adrian.lawrence@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk)
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 20:06:30 +0000

"David E. Nelson" wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Henry Miller wrote:
>
> > Looking over the mailing list, it appears that UMAX will not release their
> > USB specs. HP might not be so bad, we don't have drivers yet.
>
> Hi Henry,
>
> Please check out http://www.jump.net/~dnelson/linux/usb and one of the
> later dev kernels.
>
> I wrote the USB scanner driver and I use the HP backend that comes with
> SANE. It's all in the drivers/usb/README.scanner* files.

While the thread is passing, may I take the opportunity to ask about
support for the HP C5101A PhotoSmart S20 USB film scanner?

I have had a quick look at the url above, but didn't spot it. Anything
known?
Would it be naive to hope that it might share at least the same USB
interface firmware with supported HP scanners?

TIA,

Adrian

--
Dr A E Lawrence (from home)