Re: Printing images in their original size

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:22:04 +0100

genkin@canada.com wrote:

> I've been using xsane as a plugin for Gimp, or I would scan something
> into a jpeg file, at resolution of 400. All my consequtive attempts to
> print out such image would result in either a scaled-to-fit-page-width
> one, or in a magnified segment of an image.

Did you test xsane as stand alone program?
There is a photocopy mode which allows you to define the zoom factor.

> I really hope there is, because I scanned a whole bunch of pictures
> into .jpeg files, thinking to print them out later. Now I'm afraid I'm
> stuck... I *have* to print them in their original size. ;^(

xv has a nice tool where you can select the size of the printed image.
If you use xv and save the image as postscript you also have the chance to
set position and size of the image.

Bye
Oliver

--