Re: Umax 2000p

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:12:41 +0100

msitkows@au1.ibm.com wrote:

> (Embedded image moved to file: pic16895.pcx)
>
> From: Mark Sitkowski@IBMAU on 22/12/99 09:50
>
> To: sane-devel@mostang.com
> cc:
> Subject: Umax 2000p
>
> Hi,
>
> I've just acquired one of the above (Umax 2000p) scanners which,
> unfortunately has a parallel interface. I have a choice of SunOs 4.1.4 or
> Solaris 2.7 to run it from, so a driver for either OS will do.
>
> I've only been searching the SANE archives for two days, but I can't find
> any reference to a supported driver. Does anyone know if such a thing
> exists, or not?
> If not, is there anything 'close enough' which would make a good starting
> point for developing a driver?
>
> I don't really want to connect a logic analyser to the port, and examine
> the data flow, if someone's already done it ...

Hi,
No luck, but .... (umax.FAQ):

Q: Will there be a support for the UMAX-parallel-port-scanners?

A: UMAX published their SCSI-protocol for scanners, but the
parallel-port- and the USB-protocol is not published until now.
Without such informations I will not work on a driver!

Martin Mevald <martinmv@penguin.cz> has worked on a driver but stopped
the development.

Bye
Oliver