Re: UMAX Astra 1200S seems to hang on all commands

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 17:38:13 +0100

Nathan Kennedy wrote:

> I just bought a brand new UMAX Astra 1200S scanner specifically for use
> with sane. However it seems that it hangs on the initialization of the
> scanner. I am using the card on an adaptec 2920 PCI card with a zip
> drive in-line with the scanner.
>
> I have run the scanimage -T with a dll debug level of 128. Everything
> goes fine, until it reaches the do_calibration command. Then it just
> sits waiting for the scanner. I can usually <ctrl> c out of it, but any
> attempt to unload the sg module and fdomain module results in a total
> system lock up.
>
> Any help with this would be great. I am really looking forward to
> removing windows off of my computer.

Hi Nathan,

is the scsi bus terminated correct on both ends of the bus,
how long is the scsi bus (all scsi cables together)?
is the driver for your scsi controller up to date?
Is disconnect reconnect disabled?

Bye
Oliver

--