Re: How to write a backend?

Paul B. McFarling (pbm1@ra.msstate.edu)
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 07:40:23 -0600

On Sun, 05 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I'd like to write a backend for my Mustek parallel port scanner, but
> there isn't really good documentation on how to do this (or I just don't
> find it). Is there soneome, who could help me (which functions have to
> be implemented, or is there a backend-prototype or a how-to?)
>
> thanx
>
> -- jochen

there is a backend in progress for mustek parallel port scanners. As of the
moment it is only a command line interface driver, a direct port of the
Windows driver, it works great. I am currently writitng a frontend for this
driver similar to the Windows interface for the driver. The driver is located
at http://www.i2k.com/~jeffd/a4s2.
hope this helps.