Re: aha152x, microtek e6, kernel 2.2.13

Herman Roozenbeek (hermanr@mailroom.com)
Sun, 05 Dec 1999 23:10:22 +0100 (CET)

> On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Larry Snyder wrote:
>
>> Did you enable SCSI_GENERIC in the kernel, and do you have
>> /dev/sg[0-7|a-h] out there in devices-land?

I seem to have the same problems: my scanner (a CanoScan 300 with an AHA1502
SCSI-adapter) is recognized by the kernel, but find-scanner can't find it.

I have sg.o in my /lib/modules, I suppose this is SCSI_GENERIC?
Should I do something special to activate it?
I also compiled aha152x.o as a module and since the kernel can find my
scanner I suppose that there is no problem with my modules as such.

In /dev all the sg-devices are present. (My scanner should be on /dev/sg1, which
is the destination for the link /dev/scanner.)

Any suggestions?

Herman

You may have heard that a dean is to faculty as a hydrant is to a dog.
-- Alfred Kahn

E-Mail: Herman Roozenbeek <hermanr@mailroom.com>
Date: 05-Dec-99, 23:01:46