Re: Umax Astra 1220S, Serving as a Scanner Server???

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 17:35:32 +0100

Yuri Litvin wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with this scanner (it is listed as stable on SANE
> web-page) and/or setting up LINUX as a Scanner Server for a Windows puters? I've
> tried Winsane plugin and it works (appears in the Imaging program) on Win9x, but i
> can't get it to work on WinNT puters. Do u have any idea why?

As far as I know winsane is in alpa state, so you might have several problems at that
point.

> Have u ever tried
> that CGI script that is mentioned in the SANE FAQ?
>
> Was there any problems setting up Umax Astra 1220S on a LINUX server using the
> SCSI card that comes by default with this scanner?

Don't use that card.
If you want to use the computer as a scanner server I suggest you get an own
scsi card for the scanner.

Bye
Oliver

--