Re: Microtek Pagewizard support?

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:03:51 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 12:13:18AM -0000, marcel pol wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the email, I had almost given up hope of getting my scanner at work.

It is not sure that model will work.

> It gives a line: "model 0x53 not supported".
> It also gives: "check inqiury: mi=0x8056a9c"

I have uploaded an experimental version of the backend to

ftp://ftp.muc.de/people/bernds/mtek2/microtek2.pwtest.c.gz

You will have to unzip this file and copy it over the old microtek2.c file,
and then recompile and reinstall sane. The backend will then print
the scanner attributes to stderr, if 'option dump 1' is set in the
configuration file microtek2.conf or it will possibly hang your system.

One strange thing is the model code 0x53. This is in the range of model
codes that are supported by the microtek backend. On the other hand
the microtek2 backend should have terminated with a different error message
if the SCSI version was not SCSI-2.

So a better option before trying it would be to set 'option dump 2' in
the microtek2.conf file and post the contents of the inquiry block
(indicated by [inquiryresult] ). This will help to determine which
backend should handle this model.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder