Re: Agfa Snapscan 600 - problems

Erwin Kaiser (ekaiser@snafu.de)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 21:59:21 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Kevin Charter wrote:

> The SnapScan backend fails scanimage -T because it imposes a restriction on
> the minimum size of a read (currently, you aren't allowed to ask for less
> than a single scan line of data from the scanner).

[....]

> I hope that helps,
>
> Kevin

Hi Kevin,
thank you very much for your answer.
I promise to read all available man pages - but at the moment I very very
simply want to create a tif file image of a sheet of paper and send it by
fax to someone else.
So, does your statement mean that this works with sane 1.01 and scanimage
or it doesn't?
I apologize for this question in advance but I am rather new with
linux and especially with sane.

TIA