Re: Please test sane cvs - soname of backend libs

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 23:45:29 +0100

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Oliver Rauch]
> > I want to know if this solves the described problems on all systems.
>
> Seems to work fine on my end. Linux Redhat 5.2.
>
> Did you send this change to the libtool maintainers? We should make
> sure this still works when libtool is upgraded the next time.

Hi Petter,

it is not a general change for libtool, it is a change that only works
for SANE in the moment.

I do not have the time to work on a gerneral solution for libtool.
I wrote a mail to gordon matzigkeit and asked him for such a feature
but never got an answer from him.

I think there more programs that would need such an option...
so it would be good to get a general solution.

> > I made a change to the ltmain.sh in the sane cvs DEVEL_1_9.
>
> Good.
>
> I saw your update email to sane-commit. Are you on that list? I'll
> try to make sure CVS remembers to include the username in the commit
> email. BTW, did you forget include the changelog entry as the commit
> message. Please do, it makes it easier to track changes?

I relaized that the mail was emtpy - I thought the changes in changelog
would be add automatically. Is it possible to configure CVS that way?

Will add the changelog changes by hand the next time.

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch