Re: Another Microtek Phantom 636 Problem

Douglas Gilbert (dgilbert@interlog.com)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:29:50 -0500

Christoph wrote:

> I still didn't fix the problem but here is some more debug information:
>
> My system is Redhat 6.0, kernel 2.2.12, sane1.0.1 with the latest patches,
> I use Adaptec AVA-1505AE SCSI adapter.

This looks familiar, a 1505 adapter freezing on the aha152x driver.
Patches have just come through that seem to fix that driver
but that is probably only for the 2.3 series kernels.

Rather than go forward you can pick up the aha152x driver as
it was in 2.2.5 and try that. It has solved some people's
problems. You can find that old driver on
http://www.torque.net/sg [follow faq link]

Doug Gilbert