I have just released a new version of the Canon Sane backend. You can find
it at the usual place:
The main changes are:
* Negative mask removal. This is a major change. Negatives get scanned
*a lot* better now, meaning that you get good-looking colors.
* Select native scanning resolutions, contributed by Stefan Scherer
* Support for Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), contributed by Jonathan
* Corrected some namings of variables which caused problems when using the
backend with 'xsane' or with the command-line 'scanimage'. I have not
tested it myself with 'xsane' yet.
* For your information, and because some users had problems with the
previous versions and some kernels, I use kernel 2.2.12 and have SCSI
support as modules (the modules which I have to load before using the
scanner are scsi_mod, aha152x and sg).
Please test it and send me your comments/error reports. Specially CanoScan
300/600 users will have to tell me whether I did something wrong again
because I cannot test it myself.
Manuel Panea Tel. +49 89 3299 1133
Rechenzentrum Garching Fax +49 89 3299 1301
Postfach 1533 E-mail: email@example.com
85740 Garching Germany http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~mpd
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 5.0i for non-commercial use
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
-- Source code, list archive, and docs: http://www.mostang.com/sane/ To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail firstname.lastname@example.org