Re: Can a scanner be faster on Windows 98 than on Linux?

Eduardo Mazoni Andrade Marcal Mendes (mendes@mgconecta.com.br)
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:56:35 -0200

Oliver Rauch wrote:

> Eduardo Mazoni Andrade Marcal Mendes wrote:
>
> > Oliver Rauch wrote:

> > > Hi Ed,
> > >
> > > please try the new umax driver from my homepage!
> >
> > Hi Oliver
> > Greetings.
> > What do you mean? The new xsane-0.39?
>
> No, not xsane, sane-umax!

The newest patch, isn't it? If so it does not work. Using xscanimage the
scanner does not stop
at the end of the scanning area in lineart mode: it keeps banging on the edge
making horrible noises;
in color mode: error after the third pass. I recompiled
xsane and noticed the same behaviour.

Another problem: the light is now returning very slowly to the resting (initial?)
position.

Many thanks

Ed