Re: problem getting a snapscan to work

joakim verona (joakim@verona.se)
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:00:43 +0000

Wolfgang Goeller wrote:

> joakim verona wrote:
>
> [ long description deleted ]
>
> Just to make sure: Did you recompile sane with after you
> installed your board and build your kernel?

yes, I did. I did not exactly build the kernel, it just a standard rh61
modular kernel.
i used sane before i upgraded my computer to dual celeron. it never
worked very well
in my configuration, with dual scsi cards.

Im not certain the problem lies with sane, or if its in my hardware
setup,
but i've tried several different scsi cards.

it now strikes me that the problem might be that the scanner needs
termination,
but it's unclear how to do this, because the scanner has one db25 port
and one centronics
port. any snapscan users who now if it needs termination?

> Ciao
> Wolfgang

Joakim Verona
joakim@verona.se