Re: Doubt - Can a scanner be faster on Windows 98 than on Linux?

David Nelson (dnelson@jump.net)
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 10:09:41 -0500 (CDT)

Eduardo,

Sounds to me like that there is a small buffer in the device driver
(scsi/pp/etc) or the reading process (SANE backend) is requesting little
chunks of data. Irregardless, you *should* end up with an image...hmmm,
you might have another issue.

I've experienced much of the same issues while writing my USB device
driver and trying to find an optimal read buffer.

Regards,
/\/elson

--
David /\/elson
http://www.jump.net/~dnelson

  "Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things."
                                         -- The 7 Habits Book