Re: xsane-0.37

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Sat, 09 Oct 1999 18:41:59 +0200

regis rampnoux wrote:

> On 08-Oct-99 hagopiar@vuser.vu.union.edu wrote:
>
> > I too had the -lintl problem... which of course was fixed by reading the
> > xsane.PROBLEMS and running './configure --with-included-gettext' Perhaps
> > an automagic check would be better?
>
> I have also a problem with -lint .. in the gimp!
> I have /usr/local/lib/libintl.a (and .so too), configure find it but don't
> write it in the Makefile.

On most systems you have 3 gettext versions:
1) in libc
2) in libintl
3) included into xsane/gimp/...

That often makes problems.

With xsane I hope the problem is solved in xsne-0.38

> For xsane, configure don't find libsane.a which is in /usr/local/lib of course.
> I needed to add it manualy in the LIBS macro of the frontend/Makefile.
>
> What I am doing bad?

xsane uses the shared library libsane.so, libsane.a should not be used at all.

If your system does not find libsane-dll.so, read xsane.PROBLEMS
ohterwise explain what happens if you do NOT add libsane.a to the Makefile.

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE