Re: umax parallel port scanners - how to log protocol

Dmitry Veprintsev (dbv@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk)
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 18:58:09 +0100

i was fiddeling with vmppuser (i think it is simply renamed, but nothing really
changed).
i was looking in /var/adm/messages for the printk output, will try tonight to
use dmesg. thanks
dmitry

On Tue, 05 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Dmitry Veprintsev wrote:
>
> > in every function, pp_read/write/ioctl etc.
> > what will be the proper printk level (KERN_INFO?) for it to work?
>
> I've downloaded the latest VMware now, but I still haven't had a chance to
> have a look at it. I've heard talk of their being a vmppuser module with
> it, which you can recompile for your kernel. THAT's the one you want to
> put printk's in.
>
> Tim.
> */

Dr. Dmitry Veprintsev