Re: Acer Scanners?

Nikolay N. Igotti (inn@sparc.spb.su)
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:50:00 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Dominique Bovey wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am new to this list, my goal is to find which scanner in the <150USD
> price I can buy for my linux system. As far as I understand, having read
> through SANE and other sites, scsi scanners are better supported by
> SANE,
> better than parallel ones which are still better supported than USB ones.
> Hence my choice for a scsi one. ACER has a seemingly good scsi scanner,
> th Brisa or Prisa 620S (they supply the scsi card) at a reasonable
> price,
I have this beast, and it works good enough with Windoze, but I have real
problems with it on Linux. Their supplied SCSI card (ACARD), have support
in Linux kernel, but it seems that it's nonstandard OEM version, as
insmod hangs, when scanner is powered on.
I've been told, that some backend is good for this scanner, but anyway you
need separate SCSI card.