Re: SANE V2 - again...

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 19:53:10 +0200

abel deuring wrote:

> Oliver Rauch wrote:
> >
> > Nick Lamb wrote:
> >
> > > Should all these data be
> > >
> > > There is a provision for multiple data frames, so the question
> > > is: Should we use it for this in SANE 2.0, and I think the
> > > answer has to be "Yes", unless there's a better idea.
> > >
> > > (SANE 1.0 doesn't use multiple data frames for this purpose,
> > > but it does provide them for several other reasons anyway)
> > >

> > Hm, can anyone tell me for what that shall be good?
>
> Hi Oliver,
>
> I simply wondered how Tom's backend/frontend combination handles the
> different types and sets of data (ASCII/pixel data) for one scan, and if
> there should be any kind of hints given by the backend to the frontend,
> how to handle these sets of data: should they be stored just in one
> file, or in several files, for example.

Hi Abel,

I think we will save one image to one file.
For sane-2.0 I suggest to add a "comment" string to the
parameter block, the backend can write any comment, into
it and if the filetype allows comments in the header, the frontend
saves the comment to the file.

If we have different images, we will save them to different
files so we call a new sane_start.

If there is an audio stream or something else that shall be saved with the
image into one file, that can be done with a raw format that is generated
by the backend and the frontend simply saves the file.

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE