Coolscan LS-30/2000

Andreas Rick (rickand@gemse.fr)
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:03:27 +0200

Fred Willingham wrote:

> I worked with the CoolScan back end last night.
>
> I used the patched version of SANE. I am running RedHat Linux 6. My SCSI
> card is an Adaptec AVA-2902E/I.

Version 0.4.2?
LS-2000?

> I scanned black and white negatives, with autofocus before preview and scan.
> I was set for gray scale. I tried 12-bit, but got a message that leads me to
> believe that's just not implemented yet. I used 1350 dpi.

Sorry, I haven't implemented RGB to Grey conversion for 12 Bit yet.
Have you tried 12 Bit color scanning?
I think xscanimage does not support more than 8 Bit.
You should try xsane (version 0.30 works fine for me) if you want to scan
10/12 Bit.

> Are you supposed to be able to drag an area in your preview window to
> indicate the area you want? That didn't seem to work. Maybe it's an
> xscanimage problem.

I have been able to select an area with xscanimage it should work
(but you can't drag the corner you have to reselect the whole area
every time).

> My pictures looked pretty sharp. Seems to work well.

good!

Andreas