Re: RGBI (was Re: xsane-0.31 available)

Steve Gunnell (steveg@ccis.adisys.com.au)
Mon, 09 Aug 1999 11:21:45 +0800

Hi Oliver,

Indeed I understand that SANE isn't a Gimp plugin. If
you saw my other post with an (somewhat rough)
alternative model that puts SANE as a mediator between
data sources and data sinks you would see that I make
allowance for other data destinations. Surely you have
an interface that writes a Gimp format file? I don't
actually know whether you write a physical file for Gimp
or pass the data as memory structures but it isn't
particularly relavent for this exersize. Once you have
one Gimp interface there is no reason why you (or
someone else with a vested interest) cant write a second.

Gimp has this nice layers model which can be used for
generic image data. Whereas the Alpha layer has a
specific meaning which is distinct from dust removal
operations.

Cheers,

Steve Gunnell