Re: [Fwd: Re: Problem with Astra 1200s]

Lee Nevo (lnevo@usa.net)
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 04:02:36 -0400

Thanks again, having lots of fun with it now. I'll be looking tomorrow
and on Monday to see what I can get my hands on for terminators.

One thing I've noticed though, and was wondering if anyone else had
experienced it, was that when the scanner completes the pass and the
lamp begins to move back into its original position, it doesn't go
happily. It has a bit of a "bumpy" ride and makes a bit of noise. Its
not too bad. I watched it go, and it just look like the motion is really
choppy. It doesn't sound like there are gears getting messed up, just
that its not moving smoothly back into the starting position. In windows
it moves fine in that direction, so I know its not something physical.

I'm not that concerned, since its all working fine, but if you've seen
this before or just to add a possible problem to the list...

Thanks,
Lee