Re: any problems with xscanimage/xsane?

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 09:39:40 +0200

Tim Waugh wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, Oliver Rauch wrote:
>
> > I had some problems with xscanimage and xsane. After a lot of tests I
> > solved it by recompiling glib, gtk, sane and xsane with gcc instead of
> > egcs-compiler.
>
> What were the problems that you had, and what version of gcc did you
> switch to (and what version of egcs did you switch from?).
>
> Tim.
> */

egcs-1.1.2 -> gcc 2.7.2.3

The problem was that I was:
When I pressed the cancel button in the progress bar window while scanning
the scanner stopped correct but gtk did not give back control to
xscanimage/xsane.
When I run it with gdb it was the same, but when I set a breakpoint in the
cancel routine and simply continiued after reaching the breakpoint
everything worked fine.

I also tested switching off compiler optimization without success.

May be it is a problem with the egcs and the AMD processor,
I will try with my pentium 166.

Bye
Oliver

--