Re: Microtek E3 won't scan, but II-G okay (SANE-OS/2)

Yuri Dario (mc6530@mclink.it)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:51:46 +0200 (CDT)

On Sun, 18 Jul 99 16:32:36 -0500, Irv Thomae wrote:

> I'm probably grasping at straws here, but is it conceivable that seemingly
>identical backend code might show different _timing_ characteristics when
>executed under OS/2 (multi-threaded, but lacking fork() ), as opposed to
>running on the same x86 box under Linux?

the microtek backend is not using fork(), so it is not multi-threaded
under OS/2. But it is possible that there are different timing on scsi
commands, because they have to be routed from 4 different I/O levels.

Bye,

Yuri Dario

/*
* member of TeamOS/2 - Italy