Re: HP ScanJet 5p - sane can't use device

Peter Kirchgessner (peter@kirchgessner.net)
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 22:35:12 +0200

Hi Keith,

the find-scanner-tool is located in the tools-directory of the sane
source tree. It is just started at ./find-scanner and list all devices
where a scanner is found. If you have found that hpinq works with
/dev/sg1, you may try to directly link /dev/scanner to /dev/sg1. If this
does not help you can try

export SANE_DEBUG_HP=128

and run

xscanimage hp > hp.lis 2>&1