Re: Fujitsu Scanner support?

Rooster (rooster@seaforn.dircon.co.uk)
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:34:34 +0100 (GMT)

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Patrice Espie wrote:

> So, the fujitsu's driver for sane is NOT under development. But if the tests
> with a HP6250C are not good, it will perhaps go on.
> Or if somebody ask me to do it, perhaps ? (I don't have any SCSI 3096
> scanner :< ).

Hmmm, I do have this scanner, and seeing as I got it for free
makes me think it is worth investing a little time into using it under
linux. Oddly enough when I contacted Fujitsu about developer information
for the 3096, I was told to contact Advent Imaging, a company here in the
UK, about UNIX support.
I am not sure quite what support they would have given me but if
you were given some info on the scanner I would love to see it and figure
out if it is something I could attempt and make a SANE backend for?
It does strike me and kinda odd that NO Fujitsu support has been
mentioned for SANE, was this company hostile to the idea of open source
stuff, or is it just that their scanners are pretty much exclusivly used
in corperate enviroments and so no one has ever bothered?
Having said that, this scanner does have some nice feature and I
would like to see some sort of consistant way of supporting ADF on other
scanners too for batch scanning perhaps OCR work?

Rooster - A friend.

"Anyone's friend in particular or just generally well disposed to people?"

HHGTTG.

CUT - Campaign for Unmetered Telecomunications:
Bring the best to all affordably. http://www.unmetered.org.uk