Re: Fix for grayscale scans with gamma < 1.0

Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 21:13:48 +0100 (GMT)

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Oliver Rauch wrote:

> You can change the scanner brightness and contrast and do a new preview
> scan and see the changes in the histogram.
> I think about adding support for a preview scan with more than 8/24 bits/pixel> but I am not sure if that really is necessary.

One thing which would be nice, and wasn't there when I last looked...
In HP's Windows software, preview is always done in Full Color (which is
still low-enough bit rate at preview resolution). Then it is resampled
to match the settings chosen by the user...

This means that when I realise I picked "Grey" instead of "Color", I can
just change the setting, and the preview updates immediately. In XSane
I must wait for another preview scan...

> May be next month I find the time to work again on xsane!

Excellent -- all the work you do on XSane is much appreciated here.

Nick.