Re: Spy on the SCSI-bus

Andreas Rick (rickand@gemse.fr)
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 18:51:20 +0200

Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> While trying to talk to an AVISION AV630CS-Scanner,
> I only get faulty request-sense-responses.
>
> Now I am wondering, whether it is possible to listen
> to the SCSI-Bus conversion of a Windows-driver while
> running dosemu or wine on LINUX.
>
> Does anyone have some experience with this or some
> hints?

Does your Windows-TWAIN interface work under WINE using the ASPI interface?
If so you can simply start wine with -debmsg ASPI
and you get a nice listing about all SCSI activity.

I did that for the Coolscan LS-30 TWAIN driver.
It worked well for the first commands,
unfortunately the TWAIN driver hang up at autofocus under WINE
so I couldn't get all the way through the commands.

-Andreas