Re: Artec AT6 yet again

Brian B. (ixnay@wws.net)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:44:08 -0500

Thus spake Wolfgang Goeller (wgoeller@active.ch):

> "Brian B." wrote:
>
> > dmesg gives [stuff deleted]
>
> > Does that look correct?
>
> It does. So your scanner is on /dev/sga. You could link
> this to /dev/scanner (( ln -s /dev/sga /dev/scanner ))
>
> Please make sure, that you have set permissions for /dev/sga.

crw------- 1 root root 21, 0 Jun 13 21:40 /dev/sg0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 Jun 15 17:12 /dev/scanner -> /dev/sg0

> > Im thinking that maybe its either a
> > problem with my card/config/or kernel version which is 2.3.5.
>
> I don't know what's going on with kernel 2.3.5 but I would suggest:
> Don't use bleeding edge testing kernels for testing wether your
> scanner works. Use better 2.2.10.

ok Im using 2.2.10 now but still no go.

> Make sure, that you have no other instance of sane installed.

I don't

> Now comment out in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf all scanners
> except artec.

Did it.

> Use the little programm "find-scanner" that comes with sane.
> It should find your scanner.

find-scanner: searching for scanners:
find-scanner: checking /dev/scanner... open ok
find-scanner: found scanner "ULTIMA AT6 1.01" at device /dev/scanner
find-scanner: checking /dev/sg0... open ok
find-scanner: found scanner "ULTIMA AT6 1.01" at device /dev/sg0

>Then you might want to do another test:
>
> scanimage -h -d artec:/dev/sga

Options specific to device `artec:/dev/scanner':
Scan Mode:
--mode Lineart|Halftone|Gray|Color [Color]

<SNIP...>

Type ``scanimage --help -d DEVICE'' to get list of all options for DEVICE.