Re: Problem with snapscan, aha1505, linux kernel 2.2.9

Kick Glorie (silicon@multiweb.nl)
Thu, 03 Jun 1999 16:31:56 +0200

Christophe PUZENAT wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After the installation without problems
> (
> i use two methods in lilo prompt aha152x=0x340,11,7,1
> or at shell prompt : insmod aha152x aha152x=0x340,11,7,1
> PNP disable by software, work under Wi...
> )

Well the snapscan backend seems to be broken with a new SCSI Generic
interface introduced in kernel 2.2.6. At least this is the case for my
snapscan 1236. Try a 2.2.5 or lower kernel, and it should work fine.

> i try to use my snapscan 310 whith sane 1.0.1 and
> when i enter the command
>
> scanimage -L
> result AFGA SCANNER 310
>
> but scanimage -T
> result a lot of FAIL No data, the scanner's led blinks and never stop.

I got the advice never to run scanimage -T since in snapscan backend
this is broken and using it leaves the scsi driver in a funny state....

Good luck,

Kick Glorie