Re: scanimage error

Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Sun, 23 May 1999 21:42:58 +0100 (GMT)

On Sat, 22 May 1999, Fernando Segura wrote:

> Aloha
> I've tried scanimage (scanimage -v -d=/dev/sgd >out.pnm) and it returned
> scanimage: open of device /dev/scanner failed: Invalid argument
> There's nothing wrong with the unit, I've been using it under rWindows
> and also find-scanner has found it. Could this problem be caused by the
> kernel? My SCSI adapter is an Adaptec 2940AU and kernel is v2.2.9 (no
> patches)
> +++
> Fernando

The device it wants is not a SCSI device name. So don't put that in there
Check scanimage -L for a list of the SANE devices available. If you have
any further problems please include the version number of the SANE package
you are using, the full name of the scanner and any errors reported by
either find-scanner or scanimage itself.

Nick.