RE: saned: process_request: received unexpected procedure number 0

Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Wed, 19 May 1999 11:48:10 +0100 (GMT)

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Scott Wells wrote:

> Yeah...that's the part that's confusing: for MOST people saned works GREAT;
> for a very small number, it has the behavior documented below. I wonder
> what the common theme between those with the problem really is???

This behaviour is just totally bizarre. The server is trying to respond to
a SANE_NET_INIT request, which must only happen once, after the connection
has already been initialised OK. I have no idea why this behaviour is
connected with the choice to start the server from inetd. If you can find
a way to arrange for more DEBUG levels to be on when the daemon starts
then that would help...

Are you all running TCP wrappers? Not running TCP wrappers? Can people who
have this problem say anything more about their setup? In particular I
find it difficult to believe that this could be a Linux 2.0.3x problem,
since I'm using 2.0.36 happily here.

Nick.