Re: Astra 1220S problems

Ondrej Popp (ondrej@geocities.com)
Tue, 18 May 1999 06:59:10 +0000

I dont know what 'sheared' means, but I have some puzzling problems
with this scanner myself. I have from time to time horizontal colored
stripes in my image and then they are gone..

Well one thing that helped some people is to enable the active
termination
so you could try if that makes any difference. It is known to have
helped,
but in my case it does not make much difference... Anyway have a look
at,

http://www.chipmunk.nl/astraterminator.html

and see if it makes any difference

What helped in my case is to boot windows and then doing a device setup
there
with the 32 bits version of vista scan. Then the problems under Linux
were gone too. I am still very clueless on the how and why of this.
Maybe my scanner is broken maybe it's something else...

Ondrej

Mark Vojkovich wrote:

> I have an UMAX Astra 1220S and have tried it with the
> sane 0.71, 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 packages. It works, sortof.
> The images it scans are badly sheared. This happens both
> with scanimage and xscanimage. It even shows up sheared
> in the preview window. I didn't find any problems mentioned
> for this particular scanner on this list archive at all so
> I am puzzled about this. Configuration problem?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> MArk.

        |   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/6150    |
  _( (_ |  _              E-mail: ondrej@geocities.com        _  | _) )_