Re: horizontal colored stripes while scanning

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Fri, 14 May 1999 16:39:58 +0200

Ondrej Popp wrote:

> However, now the stripes are gone, the I/O errors still show in the
> debug trace. So that does not seem to make much difference either.
>
> I realy have no clue... can it be that the scanner needs to be
> calibrated or anything and this gets messed up from time to time, and
> the sane software is not able to fix this? Well for the time being it
> seems to be working again :)
>
> tx for any suggestions,
> Ondrej

Hi Ondrej,

horizontal stripes have nothing to do with calibration (vertical stripes could).

It looks like you have a hardware problem with your scanner.
The I/O errors are not good, but the bad noises you get when the scanner
produces stripes could mean that your scanner is not ok.

I never heard of such problems before.

Did you once forgot to open the transport-lock? That could have destroyed the
stepping motor/electronic.

Bye
Oliver

--