Re: xscanimage spins when scan cancelled

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 11 May 1999 21:29:21 +0100 (GMT)

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Tim Waugh wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Graham Stoney wrote:
>
> > I tried upgrading libg and libgtk to 1.2.1, but with no improvement.
> > Short of continuing to tear my remaining hair out or embarking on a
> > multi-year course of study in the finer points of gtk, does anyone
> > have any suggestions as to what might be causing this? I'm on a Red
> > Hat 5.1 Linux system with sane 1.0.1-pre4.
>
> I've seen xscanimage do this too. I tried attaching gdb to it and did a
> backtrace (I'd compiled with symbols still in), but I think I forgot to
> mention to gdb where to find the image (although can't it work it out?).
> Anyhow, I just got a load of question marks, and I haven't chased it
> further yet.

I'm replying to myself, but it's because I managed to get a backtrace out
of xscanimage when it got into this state. (I'd forgotten to tell gdb
where to find the symbols previously..) It seems to be stuck in glib; the
trace looks like this:

g_main_iterate
g_main_run
gtk_main

It looks like normal operation though. The progress bar is usually at
100% (although not always), and I'm using a recent 2.2 kernel, i.e. the
newer sg driver.

Does anyone want to give me a clue about debugging it? I don't really
know what gtk applications are supposed to look like when running.

Tim.
*/