Re: xsane default sizes

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Mon, 03 May 1999 17:56:15 +0200

Nick Lamb wrote:

> This is probably a symptom of XSane being re-packaged as a separate tool
> rather than a patch against the normal SANE build directories. When
> XSane was built inside SANE, it got the necessary paths automagically,
> but now it needs some explicit magic to make this happen. I'm sure
> Oliver will attend to this in good time..?

In the future all (graphical) frontends will be removed from SANE.That is the
reason that xsane is not included into sane in the moment.

It is planned that a frontend simply links agains libsane. That is what xsane
does in the moment. If the sane libraries are linked with "-soname libsane.so"
everything works fine, this has to be changed in the next release of sane!

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE