Re: xsane default sizes

Bob van der Poel (bvdpoel@uniserve.com)
Sun, 02 May 1999 19:23:55 -0600

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Bob van der Poel]
> > novices who aren't quickly aware of the fact that they have to add
> > /usr/local/lib/sane to their /etc/etc/ld.so.conf
>
> [Oliver Rauch]
> > I think it should be no problem for a novice to make it working
> > asshared library.
>
> Novices should not have to edit ld.so.conf at all. The program should
> be linked using libtool with
>
> -rpath $prefix/lib -rpath $prefix/lib/sane
>
> Using this, all platforms will update xsane dll searchpath to include
> the given directories.

I don't know if you are saying that this *should* happen, or if it
*does*. I do know that I had to add modify my ld.so.conf as per the
instructions in the install docs. I'm running linux 2.0.36.

Checking the makefile generated with configure I see that libtool is
being used, but I don't understand what, exactly, it does.

--
   __
  /  )      /         Bob van der Poel