Re: xsane default sizes

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Sat, 01 May 1999 20:30:53 +0200

Bob van der Poel wrote:

> Oliver, just wanted to let you know I got the latest (my first) xsane
> today. It compiled and installed with no difficulties. Two quick
> questions:
>
> 1. Since libsane-dll is quite small and since it does create problems
> having it as a shared lib for novices who aren't quickly aware of the
> fact that they have to add /usr/local/lib/sane to their
> /etc/etc/ld.so.conf (don't even suggest that I learn to read ;)!), why
> not just link it staticly.

I think it should be no problem for a novice to make it working asshared
library. It is planned to include a static compilation,
but I have to work it out which takes some time!

> 2. Is there a reason you make the main xsane window so small? Maybe a
> configure option in the make process to set the size. I edited the
> xsane.h file.

It is not a problem of the window size, some system do use larger default fonts
than I expeted. You can change this in /usr/(local/)share/sane/xsane-style.rc
by uncommenting the outcommented font line!

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE