Re: 2 Channel SCSI Card

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:34:03 +0200

Tom Reinertson wrote:

> Oliver,
>
> > Look like you did not compile a kernel before.
> >
> > It is not so simple to explain it in a mail.
> >
> > Which distribution do you have, do you have a book that explains
> > the compilation of a new kernel?
> >

> Well, I'm not quite that new :-).

Fine ;-)

> I've recompiled the kernel several times for each of several machines. I'm
> using RedHat 5.2 with a 2.0.36 kernel so most of the internals of the makes
> are hidden from me. The only thing that has me stumped is the requirement
> for BSD scsi drivers. I'm just using the scsi drivers that RedHat supplied.

If you domake xconfig
in /usr/src/linux
and you go into the scsi driver section,
there are two drivers for the ncr8x0 scsi adapters.
the one is called something like ncr7/8xx, that is the wrong one,
the BSD driver is called ncr8x0 and it is mentioned that it is the bsd driver.
There you should also be able to turn off disconnect/reconnect!

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE