Re: Silly question?

Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 15:18:09 -0400

Peter Kirchgessner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with the current backend (also included in sane pre 1.01)
> and SANE_DEBUG_HP=3 you should get more information whats going on.
> You can also see which lines of the config-file are processed.
> The hp-backend that is in SANE 1.00 has some known bugs with
> the "scsi HP"-line. Should be removed from the file.

I added support for the "scsi ..." format to 1.0 (it wasn't in 1.0,
but in the patches I posted and the pre1.01 release).

As for "known bugs", I know of none unless there is a problem with
the SCSI code for some platforms. I've been using the line "scsi HP"
with our 6250C on an IRIX box for several months now without problems.