Re: May I help you ?

Jerome ALET (alet@unice.fr)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:36:41 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Jerome Alet]
> > I want to know where I should begin to add support for these
> > scanners into Sane ? I've read in the archive of this list that
> > support for 1236 seems to exist but nothing is said about the 1236S.
>
> The patch really supports 1236S. I just failed to notice the S in my
> first try. :-)
> Fetch the latest prerelease (1.01pre5), and try it. The snapscan
> backend should there support 1236S.

OK, so I'll try this and give you feedback if I encounter any problem.

Thanks.

> > May I try to help you or drivers already exist for these 2 scanners.
> I know nothing about the FilmScan scanner.

It's difficult to explain it in english, sorry, especially because my user
manual is in french. However maybe you should take a look at:

http://www.epson.co.uk/support/manuals/pdf/scanner/filmscan_200_user_guide.pdf

to see what it looks like.

I can do tests if you want but I'm not familiar with the Sane code so I
don't think I'll be able to write a driver on my own, however I really
want to help.

thanks a lot.

bye.
Jerome ALET