Re: Mustek 1200SP/12000SP Firmware-1.05

*** Gaetano Paolone *** (bigpaul@flashnet.it)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 02:01:12 +0200

Bjoern Buerger wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> don't ask why ... but now it *does* work in color mode :-)
> see http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0004855/sane/sane_ok_300dpi.jpg for a
> full color scan with my Mustek MFS-12000
> Color Lineart and Color halftone are as bad as before :(
>
> Andreas, Oliver - thank you very much for your help :-)
> Andreas wrote:
>
> > First thing would be to check the line distance values returned
>
> These values seemed to be ok but a closer look to the
> debug output said:
>
> [mustek] attach: firmware revision 1.05
> [mustek] attach: scanner has automatic line-distance correction
> ^^^^^^^^^^
> again, i played around with the sane config files...
>
> According to the sane-mustek manual SuSe had provided a
> mustek.conf file with following options:
>
> ----- mustek.conf-------
> option strip-height 1
> /dev/scanner
> option linedistance-fix
> option lineart-fix # lineart may be faster with this option
> off.
> ------------------------
>
> I thought: If the scanner has *automatic* line distance fix, maybe
> the option could be wrong ... so I removed all options
> from this config file.
>
> ----- mustek.conf-------
> /dev/scanner
> ------------------------
>
> I did exactly *this* a few months before
> but the scans were even horrible. at that time used SuSe Linux 5.1
> and Sane 0.79 / 1.0 from the sane webserver - now it is SuSe 6.0
> with precompiled SusE binaries. I don't really understand what has
> happened here ;-). Maybe Gaetano has the same Problem ?

Yes, it works!!!!!!!!!
Great,
Bjoern, you are great!
So this is the solution (almost for color mode),
it is a configuration problem, not a card or a kernel one.
Thanks again, thanks also to dr. Bolsch for his interest.
I think this information and the configuration changes
should be put in the Sane package (in Mustek section).
bye
G.

--
Gaetano Paolone