Re: Sane drivers

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 14:05:27 +0200

Jonathan A. Buzzard wrote:

> oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE said:
> > While you speak about this:
> > I got contact to two persons at umax in the last weeks. The one does
> > support me with programming informations, the other one asked if it
> > would help if umax gives me a scanner for some days for tests.
> >
> > On the german UMAX website (www.umax.de) there is a link to the sane
> > page and my homepage now.
> >
> > The two people are really interested in supporting me to get a real
> > good free linux/unix driver.
>
> The real test will be if they can give us copies of the parallel port
> protocol. There is a large demand for drivers for any parallel port
> scanners, and the UMAX scanners are quite popular.
>
> Personally I have been wanting the parallel port protocol for my Astra 600P
> since August 1997.

The point is that this protocol only is available in taiwan and it possibly does
only existin the chineese language.
The second thing is that if you find someone who has a useful (english) version
of
this protocol, he needs the permission to give it to you.

I am working on this, but if that ever succeeds, it will take a lot of time!

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE