Re: Epson GT-5000 (parallel port)

Oliver Graf (ograf@rhein-zeitung.de)
04 Apr 1999 11:45:12 +0200

David Taylor <davidt@xfiles.nildram.co.uk> writes:

> On 4 Apr 1999, Oliver Graf wrote:
> > What did you set as 'device' in epson.conf?
>
> /dev/lp1 (which does definately point to my scanner)

All parallel scanners require a hexadecimal portnumber as
configuration. (0x378 0x278 0x3bc or whatever your port is set to) Just this
number, nothing else. You need to be root or the port access device must have
rights for your user to get it work. Best way is to user over sane-net, so
saned can be root, but the frontend keeps your rights.

The gt-5000 should work, but I guess you will get wrong preview scans if used
over sane-net. At least I get those with my old gt-6500.

Regards,
Oliver.