Re: Sane drivers

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 02:24:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Bert Bakker wrote:

> We have already sent out the SCSI command set to several people would
> said that they would publish the resulting driver on the SANE website.
> I would like to have just one contact for this Linux SANE project and
> not just individual people who just write a driver for only one scanner.
> We do not publish our driver command set. We require a signed
> non-disclosure agreement before we are allowed to pass on this
> information.

We don't sign non-disclosure papers. This is a open-source project. So in
the end you loose as we now now that your scanners should be
avoided as your company does not support open-source.

I do fear you have a lot to learn yet about linux and open-source.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |