Re: Does the dtc SCSI adapter work with Linux 2.x?

Ralph Angenendt (ralph@snafu.de)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 02:00:12 +0100

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 02:12:42PM -0500, Christoph Doerbeck A242369 wrote:

> I apologize for asking this question again, because I've seen it asked
> many times on this list, but a buddy of mine bought a UMAX 1220S and
> received a dtc scsi adapter with it....
>
> should it work with linux?

It is supposed to work (see
http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch/sane/FAQ.UMAX), but there is a better
way to use this thing: throw it away and buy yourself a decent
scsi-adapter (which doesn´t have to have a bios if you want to use
it for scanning only).

Ralph

--
Two computer people discussing those old stories about Bill Gates'
name adding up to 666 in ASCII: "I hear that if you play the NT 4.0