Re: To Astra 6X0S users!

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Fri, 02 Apr 1999 09:20:03 +0200

dch wrote:

> > From: Oliver Rauch <oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE>
> >
> > did anyone test if the new umax-backend works with the Astra 6X0S
> > scanners?
> >
> > Please set the shading type in advanced options to "calculate average and
> > invert"
> > and do some color scans (not preview)!
> >

> I've tried this patch and it seems to work with my Astra 600S. I confess
> I don't really know what "calculate average and invert" should do
> but it gives reasonable results. The default shading type "calculate average"
> now gives an over exposed image, is this what is expected? This may be
> confusing to new sane users.

This is not an option that should be changed while whorking. It is to say the
driverhow it has to do the calibration. If I know which scanners do need this
option, I will
do an automatic selection, then the shading option will be remove from the user
interface.
But in the moment it is a good thing.

> Also, unfortunately, the 'short pnm' files I reported a while ago is
> still with us. Does anyone else here have a 600S? It's surprising that
> no one else has seen this. I've been working round the problem by appending
> a few thousand zero bytes to the image file.

I hoped it would be ok now. grrrr.If I have the time I could need some debugging
outputs,
I will send you what I need, but not this weekend!

ByeOliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE
WWW: http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch